A running virus scanner could be blocking a certain portion of the application, causing it to configure the Mimio USB device driver. If possible, try disabling your anti-virus program while installing the Mimio software and to configure the Mimio USB device driver. Also, try turning off the UAC (User Account Control) in Control Panel.
Make sure the MimioStudio software is installed, then try restarting the machine.
If the above doesn’t fix the issue, please do the following:
- Click the Windows Start Button and Run / Run Devmgmt.msc.
- In Device Manager, the Mimio USB Adapter should be listed as an “Unknown Device” or “USB Device!” with a red or yellow warning symbol on it.
- Right-click on this device and choose Update Driver.
- Choose to “Install the software automatically (recommended)” and click Next.
- The next screen should show a list of compatible drivers. Select the driver from C:\Program Files\mimio\mimio Studio\drivers and click Next.
- Click “Continue Anyway” if a Windows Logo Warning dialog opens.
- Complete the device installation and close the Device Manager.