¿Busca respuestas? Intente encontrarlas en nuestra biblioteca de preguntas frecuentes o examinando las siguientes categorías.
¿En qué puedo ayudarle?
You need to purchase the separate IR Module and install it per the picture below:
If you receive this message, the list below could be the potential issue:
- In the projector menu under Interactive, you need to select the IR Camera mode.
- If the option to select IR camera is grayed out, then check to see that the IR module is installed correctly. Make sure the pins are lined up and inserted into the connector properly.
- If this is selected, check to see if you have a USB cable connecting the projector to your PC.
My MimioProjector does not work with my Windows 7/8/10 PC when set as an extended desktop. What do I do?
By default, the auto-calibration built into MimioStudio will use the screen that is set as the main display. Also by default, the PC is the main display and the projector is the secondary display if you’re using an extended desktop.
If you want to calibrate the extended display, you will need to set the projector as the main display and the PC as the secondary display. You can do this by right-clicking on your desktop and selecting «Screen Resolution.»
Once you’ve made this adjustment, unplug the USB cable going from the projector to the computer and plug it back in. It should auto-calibrate the projected image.
After the calibration, switch it back so the PC is the main display and the projected image is the secondary display. You should still be able to use touch on the extended display.
The USB specification limits the length of a cable run to 5 meters (16.4 feet) for USB 2.0 high-speed applications, or 3 meters (9.9 feet) for USB 1.1 low-speed devices. Essentially, this means that you are unable to “daisy-chain” several USB extension cables together and run them more than 5 meters. The MimioProjector uses USB 1.1.
Mimio tested the MimioProjector using the included mini USB cable and the cable in the link below, which is a USB 1.1 Extender over CAT5E or CAT6 Connection up to 150ft. This is what we recommend to purchase to extend the connection between the computer and the MimioProjector.
Do not clean the mirror with anything but a soft microfiber cloth, such as a cloth used for cleaning eye glasses. If absolutely necessary a small amount of isopropyl alcohol can also be used.
You should not clean the bulb at all, as this could affect the functionality of the projector.
- When using Mimio interactively with a projector, select the pen tool and appropriate color from the Mimio Tools to record handwritten notes.
- You should not be using the Capture Kit pens with dry-erase markers when using Mimio interactively. Set the ink stylus pens aside and only use the Mimio Mouse interactive pen when using Mimio interactively with a projector. It is an incorrect setup to use ink pens with a projected image.
- Enter System Preferences.
- Prior to the projector VGA cable connecting to the Mac, you will see a display window similar to the figure below:
- While you are still in the Display menu and the VGA cable is connected from the PC to the projector, you will see a display similar to the figure below:
- Check under the Color tab to see which display profile is selected.
- Try selecting MIPRO, which is the projector.
- If you cycle down, you may have a selection available for VGA.
- After selecting MIPRO or VGA from the list, check the projector menu under Interactive to see if this will allow the IR camera to be selected.
- Power off the MimioProjector.
- Disconnect the power cable.
- Hold the Menu button while inserting the power cable
- Release the Menu button while the blue LED light is still flashing—this will start the Automatic Fan Calibration mode. After a few seconds, the Automatic Fan Calibration completes. The projector automatically powers on, displaying the Fan Information screen. (If all three LEDs have a solid light, the projector will not power on because it has entered the Firmware Download mode. This is from holding the Menu button too long. Unplug the power cable and retry from Step 3.)
- Press the Menu button to exit the Fan Information screen and Return to Service Menu.
- Scroll down to Factory Reset by pressing the down arrow button once and press the Menu button to select «Factory Reset.»
- Once in the Reset Menu, cycle up to YES using the up arrow.
- Execute the reset by using the right arrow.
USB-C (official name “USB Type-C”) is a new version of the USB standard. Many manufacturers are moving to USB-C, with Apple being the most prominent and moving the fastest. The main benefit of USB-C is that it is reversible—there is no top-versus-bottom. An abundance of technical detail is available on Wikipedia. All Boxlight and Mimio USB cables have the USB Type-A connection at the computer end. Connecting a computer’s USB-C port to the existing cable’s USB-A will require an adapter. Many others can be found online or at most local computer stores.